Yes. You can use our eco-friendly stickers around water, indoors and outdoors for up to six months.
Due to the natural materials, which make these stickers biodegradable, they are not dishwasher safe. The heat and water will accelerate the decomposition process and impact the adhesive strength of your eco-friendly stickers.
If you want to learn more about the features of eco-friendly stickers, what splashproof means and which sticker can be put in the dishwasher, read on.
What is an eco-friendly sticker?
An eco-friendly sticker is made of materials and produced in a way that does not harm the environment.
Our eco-friendly stickers are made from sustainably sourced wood pulp, a biodegradable adhesive and UV cured in, making these stickers compostable. On top of that, all materials and inks are free of animal products, which makes eco-friendly stickers vegan.
Despite being compostable, our eco-friendly stickers look and feel like a traditional vinyl sticker, making them perfect for branding your products, handing out free stickers, or even selling sustainable logo stickers.
Splashproof vs waterproof vs dishwasher safe
Your custom stickers can either be splashproof, waterproof, or dishwasher safe. But what does that mean? And which stickers should you choose? Let's have a look:
- Splashproof: Splashproof means that a material can handle occasional droplets of water - think of drip-drying your hands. Splashproof stickers should not be submerged underwater as that will dissolve the sticker. Our splashproof stickers: Biodegradable stickers.
- Waterproof: Waterproof stickers can be used around water without being impacted. That means it can be used indoors and outdoors due to the protective laminate we apply on top of your design. Have a look at our waterproof stickers here. Our eco-friendly stickers are also waterproof.
- Dishwasher safe: As the name suggests, a dishwasher-safe sticker can be put in the dishwasher without impacting the adhesive strength or look of your sticker. If you want to use your stickers on mugs or water bottles, definitely opt for one of our dishwasher-safe options: white vinyl stickers, clear stickers, holographic stickers, glitter stickers, mirror gold stickers or mirror silver stickers.
Which other custom stickers are waterproof?
As a rule of thumb, vinyl stickers are usually water- and splashproof.
When you are looking for an eco-friendly sticker alternative, choosing a vinyl sticker might not be on option for you. However, our vinyl stickers are not made from just any plastic material.
Most vinyl stickers are made from PVC, which is very hard to dispose of. Our vinyl stickers are made from polypropylene, a plastic that can easily be recycled, making our vinyl stickers recyclable.
So it is up to you. Try out our eco-friendly custom stickers or check out all of our sustainable stickers here. Don't forget that you can get each of our materials on sticker sheets as well. Checkout out our eco-friendly labels or compostable labels that are environmentally friendly here.
If you want to learn more about all things printed stickers, these articles are perfect for you:
- Environmentally friendly stickers; breaking down the options
- How to get sustainable stickers
- Are your stickers good quality?
- Common problems to look out for with stickers & labels
- How do I apply my stickers?
- How to get the best value stickers
- What can I apply my sticker to?
- What does splash-proof mean?
- Why do you charge for samples?