If you want to control the holographic effect that appears on your holographic stickers or want it to only shine through in particular places, you can ask for a layer of white ink to be printed in between the holographic material and your design.
Read on to understand just what white ink does, how you can prepare your artwork accordingly, and what your partially holographic sticker will look like.
Designing your own holographic stickers
If you are already a design pro, you can simply add your own custom white layers behind your design before you upload it. Our design team will spot these as they make your artwork print-ready.
But you absolutely do not have to. Simply upload your artwork and click continue. In the cart, you will be able to leave instructions for our design team. There, you can simply let them know which parts of your design should show off the holographic vinyl and which should have white ink printed behind.
If you have never created a design before, don't worry. You can create holographic sticker designs in minutes with our free online design tool Graphic!
What white ink does to your holographic stickers
Now, that magical white ink we print onto the holographic vinyl is actually not too magical at all. The holographic effect material can be used in three different ways:
- Let it shine through
- Print a colour on top of it to create a metal like colour
- Dilute it by printing white on your holographic stickers
While ink functions to dilute the holographic effect. You can see that beautifully in the holographic sticker design below: the base colour of the van is the raw holographic material, whereas the other colours have a layer of white ink behind them - stunning, isn't it?
Printing holographic stickers
When it comes to printing your holographic stickers, we are already halfway there. All that is left to do is feeding the holographic vinyl to our digital printer and pressing print.
We then laminate your holographic stickers with a glossy laminate to give it some extra shine. This makes your stickers water- and scratch-proof and allows you to use your holographic stickers outdoors for up to one year.
Finally, we will cut your stickers. Your holographic stickers can have any shape, from square to rectangular over kiss cut to die cut. Simply let us know when you place your sticker order, and we will get to work.
Do you want to see those effects for yourself and get your holographic sticker order in?
Or are you looking to learn more about holographic stickers and all things sticker printing? Then these articles are perfect for you:
- Are holographic stickers laminated?
- Are holographic stickers waterproof?
- Are your holographic stickers gloss or matte finish?
- Can I get holographic sticker samples?
- Can you print full colour on holographic stickers?
- Can you use holographic vinyl on mugs?
- How long does holographic vinyl last?
- How much do holographic stickers cost?
- How thick are holographic stickers?
- What adhesive do holographic stickers use?
- What are holographic stickers called?
- What are holographic stickers?
- What is a permanent holographic sticker?